11.16.2008

Craft Brown

(1985-1989)

I have a real sweet tooth for craft paper. It's just a beautiful, natural color and surface that I've been using, in one way or another, all my life. So it's a staple for me. Once upon a time I'd buy it by the roll and and cut it up into letter sized sheets and then run it through a photo copier that my good buddy, Ed Pollard, found in an alley and brought to me to repair and then use. And I used the crap out of it. It's what I did before we all had computers and photoshop and all that. I was totally addicted.

So these are some of what I was doing in those days, which woulda been around '86 or '87. They are pages to a book I was putting together, but never finished, featuring images and symbols and a visual language that was and is precious to me.



No comments: