2.08.2011

Stories for Boys No.2



Okay, here are several more screen caps from Jonny Quest and, finally also, the sum of the episodes (26 in all, I think). Again, what you see here are the title cards that precede each episode, all drawn around 1964 - 1965. The design of the show is attributed to comic book artist, Doug Wildey, so I assume that these are his, though I'm not absolutely certain about that.

(On a personal note - I grew up watching these shows on Saturday morning. As a five- or six- or seven-year-old boy, I just ate these up as did, I assume, millions of other boys my age. They're still sorta fun to watch (with a hefty dose of irony) but back then, they were everything. I don't think I'm being ironic, though, when I say I still really love the pulp-adventure style of these designs which hark back to simpler, more innocent times, etc., etc.)














































No comments: