12.20.2013

k.d. lang Sings "So In Love" in 1990


Kathryn Dawn Lang, OC (born November 2, 1961), known by her stage name k.d. lang, is a Canadian pop and country singer-songwriter and occasional actress.

"So in Love" is a popular song, written by Cole Porter, from his musical Kiss Me, Kate, (opening on Broadway in 1948) based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. It was sung in the show by Patricia Morison, reprised by Alfred Drake and further popularized by Patti Page in 1949.

Red Hot + Blue is the first in the series of compilation albums from the Red Hot Organization. The recording was the first in the Red Hot Benefit Series. It features contemporary pop performers reinterpreting several songs of Cole Porter, and the title of the album comes from Cole Porter's musical, Red, Hot and Blue.




Strange dear, but true dear,
When I'm close to you, dear,
The stars fill the sky,
So in love with you am I.
Even without you,
My arms fold about you,
You kno, darling why,
So in love with you am I.
In love with the night mysterious,
The night when you first were there.
In love with my joy delirious,
The thought that you might care.
So taunt me, and hurt me,
Decieve me, desert me,
I'm yours till I die,
So in love with you am I

No comments: