1.03.2014

Polly Jean Harvey Sings "Ecstasy" (1993)


Polly Jean Harvey MBE (born 9 October 1969) is an English musician, singer-songwriter, composer and occasional artist. Primarily known as a vocalist and guitarist, she is also proficient with a wide range of instruments including piano, organ, bass, saxophone, harmonica, and most recently, the autoharp.

The songs on Rid of Me were performed by Harvey’s eponymous trio, consisting of Harvey on guitar and vocals, Rob Ellis on drums and background vocals, and Steve Vaughan on bass. It was the last album they recorded as a group before disbanding in late 1993. Most of the songs on the album were recorded by Steve Albini. Rid of Me was met with acclaim by critics. It has been ranked at number 405 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.




Flying
I'm flying
Hitting heavens high
I'm head on brake too low

Floating
I'm floating
Hanging below the sea
I'm telling you look at me

Ecstasy
I'm in ec...ecstasy

Singing
I'm singing. Yah!
Sounding hanging breathe
I'm begging you look at me

Ecstasy
I'm in ec....ecstasy
Ecstasy

No comments: