6.08.2009

Twelve Designs from Early Monday Morning

2009

... and I'm actually presenting them in the order in which they appeared.
I say, "appeared," because when these unplanned 'art-fits' come on,
things happen very quickly.
So quickly, in fact, that once I stop and look at what I've done,
I feel almost as though the work has happened without my knowledge
and that I am seeing the results for the first time...
that it's all happened without my participation.

Isn't that odd?

... and I say, "odd," because this is sort of the first time it's occurred to me to give this phenomenon much thought,
though I guess it does happen pretty often.

It's definitely a desirable sensation.
It's like getting free stuff.
Everyone loves getting free stuff.

But, hey, that's not to say - AT ALL - that the work is always good.
Just because something is instinctual or unconscious doesn't automatically make it some sort of a work of preternatural genius.
No, all I'm saying is that it happens
and that, for June the 8th, 2009,
these are the results.

... and that I hereby coin the term, "Creative Blackout."



1.




2.




3.




4.




5.




6.




7.




8.




9.




10.




11.




12.






No comments: