4.28.2012

All That's Left

2001


If you were to sit me down and have me talk about my work for a while, the phrase, "All that's left..." would come up a lot, I think. So much of my work's been abandoned or destroyed or who-knows-what and the only one left to remember it is me, going , "all that's left is this photograph."

I have to admit I don't think the case with this piece is quite so dire or dramatic. I made this in Denver, CO during the Languid : 55 Clicks recording sessions mostly out of sheer boredom and because Denver in July yielded such nice trash to work with. But before I left the studios where this was made, I gave it to its owner and engineer, Dave (I think) and never saw it again. It felt like the right thing to do at the time but, today, I wish I'd kept it because, now, all that's left is this crappy photograph.

And that's not enough.


No comments: