11.20.2013

"Hey There" Sung by Kristen Vigard in 1996


"Hey There" is a show tune from the musical play The Pajama Game, written by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross. It was published in 1954. It was introduced by John Raitt in the original production. It was subsequently recorded by a number of artists. The recording by Rosemary Clooney reached #1 on Billboard's chart in 1954. Another version was also recorded about the same time by Sammy Davis, Jr., reaching #16 on Billboard's retail chart. The song (counting all recorded versions) also reached #1 on the Cash Box chart in 1954.

Kristen Vigard (born May 15, 1963) is an American actress and singer. She is known for her two year run as "Morgan Richards" on The Guiding Light.[1] She toured as a backup singer with Fishbone and the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the 1980s and sang the lead vocals for Illeana Douglas for the 1996 film Grace of My Heart, including "God Give Me Strength", which was nominated for Best Original Song at the 1st Golden Satellite Awards.




Lately when I'm in my room all by myself
In the solitary gloom I call to myself

Hey there, you with the stars in your eyes
Love never made a fool of you, you used to be too wise
Hey there, you on that high-flyin' cloud
Though he won't throw a crumb to you, you think some day he'll come to you

Better forget him, him with his nose in the air
He has you dancin' on a string, break it and he won't care

Won't you take this advice I hand you like a mother
Or are you not seein' things too clear
Are you too much in love to hear
Is it all goin' in one ear and out the other

Hey there, you with the stars in your eyes [Are you talking to me?]
Love never made a fool of you [Not until now]
You used to be too wise [Yes, I was once]

Will you take this advice I hand you like a mother
Or am I not seein' things too clear
Are you just too far gone to hear
Is it all goin' in one ear and out the other

No comments: