10.30.2008

Friction

Dudes.

I don't wanna give too much away, but I gotta say it: I been working on the package design for what is gonna be - no shit - the best record of the year.

It's Fred Friction's "Jesus Drank Wine" and, yes, it's that good. And I don't just mean good for a local, St. Louis record (though that's what it is). I mean great on a national level - best record of the year - better than any other record in the world! And, you know, this sorta music, the rootsy-slack-twang-blues-reformed-gospel-alt-americana typa thing, is not even really my bag, but the dude writes and performs with such utter abandon and unselfconscious wit and vim that there's just no way not to get charmed by it. And he speaks my language, singing shit that rings so right. Ideologically, it's in the pocket.

Look, it'll come out in a month or two and then you'll know what I'm talking about. Seriously. Grease up for this one cause it's gonna touch you where you squeal.

More than that I cannot say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where I squeal, huh? Vivid, my friend, very vivid.