12.28.2008

Power Default

(2008)




Well, I used this image as a myspace profile photo for awhile and I still can't get enough of it. It's beautiful and I love it.

What it is is me walking around down by the Mississippi River near the old LaClede Power Co. Building. Yes, I think that's right. I'd been down there for walks and bit hunts many times before, but it was a walking visit with Mike Paradise to this location that found me before this slim vista. I didn't have a camera that day, but bookmarked the composition in my head and promised myself to come back prepared one day. A few months later I did, with Jim Braun, just walking around again, him describing the medicinal value of the plants around us. I didn't know he knew all that stuff. And then there it was, and I got out the didge.

Now, don't let me kid you - the photo I shot that day looked nothing like the one above. You know I photoshopped the crap out of it to get it looking so dreamy. In fact, just this one time, let me show you the original unfuckedwith version.