12.28.2008

Standards

(1986)

Oh, sure.
These go back a spell.
Some of my earliest forays into this crazy amalgam of media whose perfection I still pursue these are, preceded only by the Prime Series (which I'll post again at some juncture).
These aren't, by far, all of the early Standards. But, sadly, either the others never got photographed or, more likely, I sent the last of my slides out to some gallery who never returned them. And all the works themselves are either sold or who-knows-what. I think my esteemed friends (and very serious collectors), The Pages, may still have some. 
That'd be my only contact with work from that period. 
Maybe I'll make it back out to L.A. again one day and visit them. 
Sure, that'd be swell.





















1 comment:

Sarah Clayton said...

The Prime series was made in 1987, and the original Standards series was made in 1988. A selection of the original Standards showed at Café Largo in 1989.