5.09.2011

L.E.A.F. Logos

2009


A couple years ago, Julie Malone and I thought it would be a great idea to start an emergency fund for local artists in St. louis like ourselves. You know, if someone- a local St. Louis artist, say, without medical insurance (pretty much every artist I know), found themselves in a financial spot with medical bills, then L.E.A.F. could maybe help out. Difficult predicaments, large and small, could maybe be made a bit less desperate with the presence of a Local Emergency Artist's Fund (the acronym did still need work).

Well, like so many noble ambitions, this one fell beside the way. I recently asked Julie if she'd be interested in resurrecting the notion and she said no. Thinking about it now, I have to admit I'm not interested anymore either. A project like this could only become another insurance-plan-type-thing and I wouldn't, frankly, care to be the guy who decides who gets relief and who doesn't. And how are we filling the kitty? Fund raisers? There's much to consider and, honestly, I just wanna be the starving artist who gets the boost.

Anyhow, once we came up with this idea, my first assignment was to produce some logo concepts, give the project an identity. These are those.











No comments: