5.06.2011

Song Scribbles

2009


Whilst searching some files in my archive today, looking for an old illustration to reference, I happened on these crazy scribbles and had to, naturally, scratch my head for a minute. Then I examined them a little more closely and realized the words there on each picture were song titles and then it all came back to me.

What these were was - when I used to drink and smoke and carry on all night I used to like to come home and listen, still drunk, to music until the sun came up. It was my favorite thing to do and for some reason the liquor just made my favorite songs more... more!

So one night - I can only vaguely remember this - but one night I decided to 'sketch' my impressions of the songs in illustrator, with the pencil tool and cocktails still dancing in my head. More to the point, I think I just spazzed out with the mouse in my hand to the rhythm of some favorite selections... but then did have the presence of mind to note which song I had just spazzed out to (which is making me laugh a little right now.)

So, now, not only am I presenting the results of my little solo afterparty, but you can also hear the songs that inspired the 'art' by clicking on the titles below.

Oh, yes, nothing is spared the PROOF reader.






"Asteroid"









"Ecstacy"

No comments: