11.09.2012

True Romance

May.2.1925



Jobyna came back to the library. She ran in, like something was wrong. She had tears in her eyes.

“MERTZAL! MERTZAL!” She cried. I immediately got out of my seat.

“Joby! How lovely! What, what’s wrong?” I asked her.

“MY MOUTH! MY MOUTH!!” She said, pointing to her mouth.

“I see nothing wrong with it,” I said.

She held out her hand and I took it. She led me to a book shelf and grabbed a book and tried to read it. She was frustrated and upset. Then I wrapped her in my arms.

“What’s wrong, whose hurt you?” I asked.

“Mertzal, how can I sustain that magic you have when I’m here when I’m not here?” She asked.

“I’m not magical,”I said.

“Mertzal, you make me speak right when I’m here, but when I’m away, I can’t speak right!” She wailed. She was really upset.

“Ohh, Joby, please, please don’t cry,” I said, holding her in my arms again.

“Why, then, why, can’t I speak right?” She asked.

“You are perfect to me,” I said. She was. Her lovely eyes shouldn’t be upset. I kissed her head.

“You... you like me, don’t you?” She asked, looking at me. I nodded. I didn’t like her, I LOVED HER. I really wanted to propose, but we were on different scales of the country.

She leaned her head into my chest.

“I... I just want to talk,” She said. I had a feeling she might have been ridiculed.

“You will, that’s why I’m here to help you,” I said.

“You are soo good to me, why?” She asked. Then, I blurted out something I shouldn’t have.

“I love you”. She looked up at me.

“You... really? How, I’m so insufferable,” She said.

“I’d marry you in an instant,” I whispered. She liked the sound of that, I could tell. She made a little giggly noise that I’ll never forget.

“Will you be my guest for dinner?” She asked. I nodded. She told me where she was staying and where to eat. I told her I would be delighted to have dinner with her and so we did.

The rest, is our history.

No comments: