1.19.2009

Hematodipsia

(2008)






"Did you know there is a psychological fixation called hematodipsia which causes the sufferer to gain erotic satisfaction from consuming human blood? Well, there is. It may seem scary; it may seem kewl; it may even seem unreal, but it does exist. In basic, the victim thinks he's a vampire. What do you think of this? Do you know anyone who has it?"


"I've only heard of it through you, i didnt even know it existed before. But if you think about it, many carnivores taste blood everytime they rip into a fresh carcas. Humans are omnivores, therefore meaning they must have eaten meat the same way. Even though we dont eat like that anymore, maybe they still had the gene that told them blood tasted good. And anyway people have different tastes in food, like some could be hooked on snails, others could be hooked on blood? I wouldnt assume a hematodipsiaic would drink blood the same way a vampire would, thats just wierd. Its all wierd."


"My friend heard of some company or blood bank or whatever that donated to the hematodipsia victims..."


I would hate to be one of those guys. You know, this could be where they got the idea of a vampire.. it does make sence (sic,)."


"Yeah, I read 'bout it before. It's kool if you ask me, but yeah pretty creepy."


"Umm..I remember reading a Serial Killer book that had many serial killers in their who had it...I think...That book was nasty. It had all sorts of other stuff too. I would tell you but my cousin borrowed it."


"I am a hematodipsia (sic.), although it is embarrassing for me to say so; I've always had a fascination for blood since I could walk and talk. I've never met another heatodipsic (sic.) person, so I do not know what the symptoms are, but in my opinion, I don't think anyone can label what the exact symptoms are, because everyone's symptoms are different in my opinion. As for me, I've always dreamt of a v_a_m_p_i_r_e whisking me away and drinking my blood--I've never inflicted any wounds on myself to drink my own blood, but I've thought of drinking someone else's blood. I sometimes have to control myself when I see another person's blood, and sometimes go into minor spasms (twitching)."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quoted straight from the X-Files. There is no such medical affliction. It relies entirely on pseudo-psychological projections they themselves catalyze with characters/movies/shows/books that they themselves subliminally wish to embody. People who claim this condition tend to thrive on attention, 'revealing' what they believe to be a shocking character trait near exclusive to themselves, therefore allowing them to think they are indeed 'special.' If these people were truly vampiric in nature, they would certainly not engage others publicly, even on the internet, as doing so is definitely not in the best interest of a 'real vampire.' This further cements the prognosis of an attention-seeker. Its like the people who watch shows like Dexter, see maybe a similarity or two and, perhaps lacking an individual identity, fool themselves into believing the character is unconditionally them. The idea of being a vampire, especially in recent times, is suddenly seen as 'cool', by select groups, due to the mythological nature of the condition. Those 'afflicted' are utterly textbook, and lack personality traits that they believe other may be enviable, so they make up their own. Simple as that.

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.

Anonymous said...

love it.

Anonymous said...

This psychological affliction is real. I have it, my friend has it, in fact last time we drank blood together she did something totally out of character—she practically leapt on me and kissed for a very long time. Perhaps the term is false, perhaps there never was a psychological affliction called "Haemotodipsia" however the effects attributed to this affliction are completely true.

Anonymous said...

I know I have some form of this, and for the first anonymous it is most certainly real, I hate vampires, hate the whole thing, but those urges are so real, I don't get any sexual pleasure from it, but sometimes all I can think about is the blood, all the gore it drives me insane, often time I have to run someplace out of sight and stab my self for the blood just so I won't tear someone apart.