1.05.2009

Trey Done Hipped Me

It's often beneficial to know people who are smarter that you.
It's even better when they are your friends.
Trey Rhodes, to me, is both.
I mention this because he and I have been in touch lately for the first time in a while and he's been introducing me to some fun things online that I'd probably never have known about otherwise.
Here is one of those things.

This is the Bakumatsu Koshashin Generator.
It is, essentially, a distressing filter and it's as simple to use as, well, 1-2-3.

1. choose a picture.
2. Hit "Convert".
3. Save the new, distressed picture.

Here are some of the results I got. These were some random shots I got from my trip with Kris Curtis to the Monterey Peninsula. Now they are historical artifacts from the early 1940's.





















Kinda Cool, huh? Now go do your own.

1 comment:

An Average Middle-Class American said...

Hey, does it un-distress them too? I have a bunch of old family photos from the 1910s and 20s that look just like that.