11.18.2008

Frisk and Future

(2008)

As this series began filling out, it got clear that certain of the designs were operating in very specific capacities. These, for instance, wanted to be covers of fictional magazines. They feature some pretty badass cover stars, too.

On the Frisk cover we find Wendy Wu, who was the singer for the mostly forgotten new wave outfit, The Photos. Their single, "I'm So Attractive" is supercool. No discussion.

On the new edition of Future, our superstar is 30's science fiction publisher, Hugo Gernsback. I learned about him when I was a little kid. I had this oversize book of all these old science fiction pulp magazine covers. I thought they were just the neatest things. I look at them now and, you know what? I was right. Those old paintings are excellent.

David Cassidy is there, too. Reasons unknown.


No comments: