11.10.2008

The Three Sisters of The Cosmos

(2008)



I imagine a triumvirate of beautiful sisters manipulating the shape of the heavens. That's about as close to religion as I'm gonna get. Anyway, it's a prettier picture than White-Jesus in his baggy bed sheet and drippy stigmata, eternally needing a shave and a haircut. At least it is for me. Greco-Roman mythology is perhaps the most ridiculous of them all, but there've never been more beautiful stories told nor with more compelling characters to populate them. Aesthetically speaking, Judeo-Christian mythology pales by comparison. Maybe it's just my own perspective, but isn't Christianity the most boring of all the religions? I mean, of course all religion is more or less founded on desperation and insanity, but if you absolutely have to go that way, why not make it interesting and fun? The Egyptians had some neato shit happening, right? Plenty of really pretty art and lots of human sacrifice is always a crowd-winner. The aforementioned Greeks and their nifty wars and pottery- very cool. Even Krishna's pretty groovy, like some kind of a King o' the Smurfs or something. And Buddha - he's kind of a freakazoid, right?

So, I don't know, I may need to make up my own religion (in order to somehow support my own insanity, of course).

Now, as to Professor Berlitz there at the bottom, teaching the Sisters of Heaven conversational Spanish... I don't know.

I guess someone's gotta do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Subversive. Love it.

I miss you! It's been too long since we last hung out, my adoptive brother!