11.19.2008

Under The Needle

(2008)

Now, I'm not really a tattoo guy. Don't be thinking that. But like I mentioned a couple times now, my friend J.J. happened to have a friend at this tattoo show which happened to be near my place downtown and he invited me to see and I forgot to say no, etc.

It was an interesting room, most notable for the sound of tattoos being drawn everywhere around me. An omnipresent "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" of needles marking skin. There were maybe 30 or 40 tattoos being done simultaneously. It was sorta cool. And everyone was really nice about letting me take pictures. Of course, they had no idea I was taking no interest in the art. I've never really been a fan of that whole aesthetic. Frankly I think the medium needs a major overhaul - too much has been left unexplored, it seems to me.

No, I was interested in the machines, the needles, the ink and the blood. So I did my best to get some shots of that, though it was a little challenging.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to get a barcode on my left shoulder blade. But somehow I've always been able to resist the temptation.