11.14.2008

Pills

(2008)

Courtesy of Ms. Katherine Rhodes Fields.









They look like Sweet Tarts, don't they? Mmmm. Love those!

I put this post up yesterday and it just occurred to me that I should add a little explanation in order to prevent possible equivocation.

The pills themselves are courtesy of Ms. KRF, not the photographs. I took the pictures of the pills myself yesterday while thinking about using them on a piece for the Poetry Scores Art Invitational that's happening this Friday. I've been talking out loud about including more little pills in my assemblage work, but haven't done much about it yet. Katherine, who'd recently stopped taking her ortho tricyclen due to certain health concerns, was nice enough to give me her leftovers to use in my work. Thank you, Ms. Katherine Wednesday-Place!

Anyhow, they may appear in the piece for the Invitational and they may not. Either way, you (St. Louis people) should come come join me for the opening event. It's gonna be big and splashy and fun!

Here's the dirt:
Poetry Scores Art Invitational
Friday, Nov. 21, 2008
6-10 p.m.
Hoffman LaChance Contemporary,
3100 Sutton Blvd. in Maplewood.
(free beer partly donated by Schlafly)

1 comment:

Katherine Rhodes Take me Home said...

Scary to think that those things could have been in my body. Much better in your art.