11.25.2008

Profile Default

(2008)

Here's a design, a square composition, that I altered today to represent or advertise the blog - this blog. It'll be the MySpace default profile image for a while, the one for the black page which is now actually brown. The fine people over at MySpace Central have installed a profile customization menu, you see, so I went ahead and chose one of their selections (one called, "grunge") and then took all the square compositions offa there since they're all slowly beginning to show up here anyway, and put up some old high-school-girl-love-letters instead. Guaranteed to amuse you and embarrass me!

Frankly, this blog is a whole lot more interesting than that page anyhow so I am trying to entice the MySpace people over here with, apparently, post-turn-of-the-century-constructivist-totalitarian imagery ('cause it never fails - no sir!). And anyway, this is much more accessible, particularly to people who are not interested in being, as Kevin Belford puts it, MySpace Cadets... yeah, I think that's really funny and I cannot fault him his feelings on the subject. MySpace has gotten to be kind of a pain in the ass, what with the pop-ups that are emerging lately with greater frequency and all the stupid captchas and passwords and bullshit that, when added up, are just plain sucking away too much of my life with too little return on the back end. Suffice to say, I'm not addicted anymore. I like this now. It's funner.

(Hey! Spellcheck didn't flag "funner". Is "funner" a word? I didn't think it was.)



No comments: